PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Court record help

Doug Karttunen
25.03.24, 04:06
I am hoping someone can help me understand what this 1813 court record §20 involving my Nisonen family from Lemi says. My knowledge of this old Swedish language and script is very limited. https://astia.narc.fi/uusiastia/viewer/?fileId=6707159007&aineistoId=632499029
Paljon kiitoksia.

tkukkonen
25.03.24, 10:26
Företrädde bonden Gabriel Jöransson Nisain från Nisala,
The farmer Gabriel Jöransson Nisain from Nisala came forward

att han icke kan härefter åsämjas uti ett bo och matlag
[telling] that he cannot henceforth be admitted to a room and board

med dess stiuffader bonden Anders Andersson Nisala
with his father-in-law farmer Anders Andersson Nisala

och hans hustru Anna Andersdotter därstädes
and his wife Anna Andersdotter of that [same] place

såsom Pne intil närvarande tid gjordt
as Pne has [have?] done up to the present time

anhöll sökanden G J det [att] Härads Rättern ville utse och förordna någon skriftkunnig man,
[thus] the applicant G. J. requested the District Court to appoint and authorise a man of letters,

som Bnes lös egendom skifta skulle; och som häremot icke hvar något at påminna
[who would make an inventory of the deceased] Bne's movable property; and [as nothing to remind was found on this matter],

county official Sallmen and two auxiliary persons were nominated as executors, and the applicant was ordered to facilitate in the inventory

Deepl was used for translation. The text within brackets have been added or corrected for a better result. The end section has been shortened. Pne is an abbreviation that is new to me, as well as Bne.

tkukkonen
25.03.24, 13:39
och som häremot icke hvar något at påminna

probably: who would not object to this [task]

Doug Karttunen
25.03.24, 15:01
tkukkonen, suuret kiitokset for taking the time to do such a complete and detailed translation of this long and complex text. Your help is very much appreciated.

Tillander
25.03.24, 19:45
I'd like to point out that the translation of "stiuffader" (in modern Swedish: styvfader) as "father-in-law" is incorrect, it should be stepfather.
Regards,

Doug Karttunen
25.03.24, 20:55
Kiitos, Tillander!
Your clarification is very helpful and appreciated.
best regards, Doug Karttunen

Heikki Särkkä
25.03.24, 21:57
Thank you, Timo Kukkonen, for putting DeepL to test, which it passed with flying colours. My first experience with the program is a positive one despite the fact that any less than succesful word choice by the original writer easily makes DeepL stumble. As to trying to apply it to a 17th c. or even 18th c. text, be prepared to substitute modern words for obsolete ones and to change the spellings where necessary.

As for Pne I would suggest Personerne and for Bne, Bortgpångne.

Doug Karttunen
25.03.24, 22:18
Kiitos Heikki for your helpful suggestions. The people on this forum are amazing. Doug

Heikki Särkkä
26.03.24, 14:32
Korjaus: Bortgångne 'vainaja'.