PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : How to buy a book.

arvidrantapaa
02.03.10, 23:28
I want to buy Mikko Moilanen's book
Kinttupolkua kylätielle: elämää Auholla ja Askassa 1600-1800-luvuilla.

Anyone know how to contact the author or publisher?

Larry Rantapaa

Juha
03.03.10, 08:18
Its was published by

Askan Ahertajat ry.
Askanmäentie 25
89200 PUOLANKA
040 865 0327
aarne.sutinen*luukku.com
http://www.puolankainfo.fi

Maybe they have some copies.

Juha

arvidrantapaa
04.03.10, 02:29
Thanks Juha,

I'll contact Aarne Sutinen. He may be a cousin!

Larry

arvidrantapaa
08.03.10, 05:39
Juha

I cannot get email to go to aarne.sutinen(AT)luukko.com. I tried twice. Came back twice. Could you or someone contact him by phone? I found a number on the Askanmäki site.
040 865 0327. Maybe he would email me ...rantapaal(AT)yahoo.com.

Larry

Seppo Niinioja
08.03.10, 05:56
Juha

I cannot get email to go to aarne.sutinen(AT)luukko.com. I tried twice. Came back twice. Could you or someone contact him by phone? I found a number on the Askanmäki site.
040 865 0327. Maybe he would email me ...rantapaal(AT)yahoo.com.

Larry

Larry, it is aarne.sutinen*luukku.com , not luukko. I can phone Aarne Sutinen anyway.

BR,
Seppo Niinioja

arvidrantapaa
08.03.10, 07:36
Thanks Seppo!

Details, details!!:)

Larry

Seppo Niinioja
08.03.10, 11:31
Thanks Seppo!

Details, details!!:)

Larry

Larry,

I talked with Aarne Sutinen on the phone. The book is out of print. It comprises 554 pages. It is also available at the library of the Genealogical Society of Finland in Helsinki. I can hopefully take a quick look at it today and borrow it. If you can specify the names etc. you are interested in, Aarne of myself could arrange copies of the pertinent pages.

Seppo

arvidrantapaa
08.03.10, 22:19
Seppo

That's too bad. I had a copy but it was lost when I moved from Minnesota. I did use information from the book but was interested in some of the stories and details about life in those times. I recall a bit about the sale of Askanmäki by the three children of Heikki Koskelo, an ancestor. Priitta married a Sutinen so maybe Aarne and I are cousins! I am looking for details and background information that will help tell the story of my relatives. The "Paha Paavo" story is interesting but he is not a relative, at least not a very close one.

I would also like to get the Moilanen family books which I had and lost during the move.

I really appreciate the efforts you have made but I do not know what you should copy from the book at this time.

Perhaps you could help me by telling me how to see the tax and land and population records. I am interested in the records of years before 1761 for Paltamo Parish.

Thanks again!

Larry