PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Oldberg in Viipuri

christerkalin
24.02.10, 18:01
I’m looking for information about Oldberg families in Viipuri during the time 1700-1820.
In the HisKi database I have found two families in Viipuri at different times:

1) In 1781 “emalie målarn” Petter Oldberg and his wife Anna Elisabet(?) Åhlström get a daughter, who is given the name Anna Erica. They belonged to the Swedish Lutheran Congregation in Viipuri.

2) During the time 1812-1823 “college: secret:” Alexius Oldberg and his wife Carolina Meyer(Maijer/Mayer) get four children, Alexander (1812), Juliana Florina Louise(1817), Carl Gustav Ferdinand(1820) and Gustav Eduard(1823). The family belonged to the German Lutheran Congregation in Viipuri.
In the population register (henkikirja) of the year 1818, Alexius Oldberg is listed as “Collegii Secreter: Olof Oldberg”, so his name might have been Olof Alexius Oldberg.

I have searched the county accounts and registers of “Vanha Suomi” available through SSHY, but I haven’t found any Oldberg in the population registers, or else. The SSHY digital material is far from complete, so I haven’t been able to do a sorrow investigation yet.

I am looking for any family connections between these two families, and Könik/Kenicius Oldberg, who was a student at the Turku Academy in the 1690s, and after that there’s no trace of him.
Oldberg might be a German name, but on the other hand, as likely a Swedish one.

I’m not able to read or write Finnish, but English or Swedish will be just fine!

Christer Kalin, Östersund, Sweden