PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Elias Andersson

lisawickham
20.10.09, 22:34
I have just found my great grandfather Elias Andersson who was born 16.4.1842 in Janakkala. He was married to Gustava Johansdotter. They had 13 children. They moved from Tervakoski to Kirvu in 1906. I am just thinking if there is anyone who would know how I get further info about Kirvu as it appears that this place no longer belongs to Finland? Does anyone know why surnames changed as Andersson was not my grandfather's name- he had completely Finnish name? I am a novice at looking into the Finnish side of my family.:rolleyes:

Rotta
21.10.09, 08:01
I have just found my great grandfather Elias Andersson who was born 16.4.1842 in Janakkala. He was married to Gustava Johansdotter. They had 13 children. They moved from Tervakoski to Kirvu in 1906. I am just thinking if there is anyone who would know how I get further info about Kirvu as it appears that this place no longer belongs to Finland? Does anyone know why surnames changed as Andersson was not my grandfather's name- he had completely Finnish name? I am a novice at looking into the Finnish side of my family.:rolleyes:

All the remaining archives of the lost Karelian parishes are moved into Mikkeli maakunta-arkisto (regional archive). There is also a database called Katinha where you can look for relatives in Karelia. Its information is usually older than 1907, but it can be useful...

http://www.narc.fi/Arkistolaitos/mma/

The name Anderson is not a surname (at least in this case). It's patronym equivalent to Son of Anders. It was and is used also as a surname, so it is sometimes hard to tell which one it is...

Make

lisawickham
21.10.09, 09:30
Thanks for your reply. The information that I received from Janakkala re my great grandfather they lived in the house called Koivusilta which in the modern times was their surname.