PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Heikki Heino or Toratti b. 1878

PekkaJS
30.10.19, 23:12
Heikki Toratti (born Apr 20 1878 Alatornio, Finland) who changed his name in 1905 to Heikki (Henry) Heino sailed to America together with his brother Evert in 1913. On the same boat, there was also Wilhelmina Heino, who could be Henry's wife. Henry had been in US already earlier, and owned a tobacco store in Biwabik with his elder brother August (Duluth Herald Feb 8 1912). In 1920, Henry lived in St Louis Minnesota, but I have not found his page from the Census originals so I do not know exact place or other details (I have no access to Ancestry). His two brothers lived 1920 in Aurora Village (Evert: Census p. 11A and August: p. 28A).

Henry's death 1922 in Menahga is reported in the Finnish newspaper Pohjolan Sanomat in Oct 11 1920. In that newspaper, it is mentioned that he has a wife and children in Finland. Minnesota Historical Society record search gives the exact date for Henrys death: August 18 1922 in Wadena County (1922-MN-015065).

I wonder if someone knows about Henrys past. How did he die, and who was his wife and what about the children?

Regards Pekka