PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Definition of the name Kassutj - Cassutj

kononoff
09.02.16, 18:58
Hello! In some research in Kakisalmen records of the late 1600's, I have come across the name Kassutj or Cassutj in the tax records of a village in Salmi parish. The name is recorded as thus over the years 1683 - 1696

Kassutj
Cassutj
Kasuti
Kassuti
Kassutj
Kassutj
Cassutj
Casutj
Kasuttij

This is a first name not a patronyymi. As these records are written in Swedish I am wondering if anyone might have any idea what that name may represent in Finnish, more specifically in Karelian. Thanks for any inputs and responses in Finnish also fine, can usually work out what it says but if I wrote this in Finnish no one would understand! :)

Heikki Särkkä
09.02.16, 19:40
Kossut/Kossuth is a Hungarian last name. It is easy to see that the name is non-Finnish anyway.

kononoff
09.02.16, 22:05
I would doubt that as this name was in a very small isolated town in the border area of Salmi, so the person was Karelian for certain. The patronymmi for the man is Stepanov and I am guessing the first name is some sort of colloquial name for another name.

kononoff
09.02.16, 23:57
Actually just had this solved.

Kassu in Karelian for Kassian, not very common name but seen on the eastern border region.