PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Tieteellistä nimitutkimusta

kkylakos
13.05.11, 11:40
Helsingin yliopistossa väittelee 28.5.2011 Minna Nakari naisten nimimuotojen paljastamasta tiedosta otsikolla Variation i kvinnors namnfraser i officiella dokument i Helsingfors 1780-1930 : Socioonomastiska synvinklar på makt och identitet. Abstrakti (http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-952-10-6949-9 ) on valitettavasti vain toisella ja kolmannella kotimaisella kielellä. Ainakin muutosta patronyymistä sukunimeen, ja sukunimen vaihdoksesta avioliiton yhteydessä vedetty johtopäätöksiä
This dissertation is an onomastic study of variation in women s name phrases in official documents in Finland during the period 1780−1930. The aim is to discuss from a socio-onomastic perspective both the changeover from patronymics to inherited family names and the use of surnames after marriage (i.e. whether women adopted their husbands family names or retained their maiden names), before new laws in this area entered into force in Finland in the early 20th century. In 1920, a law on family names that required fixed names put an end to the use of the patronymic as a person s only surname. After 1929, it was no longer possible for a married woman to retain her maiden name.

Methodologically, to explain this development from a socio-onomastic perspective, I have based my study on a syntactic-semantic analysis of the actual name phrases. To be able to demonstrate the extensive material, I have elaborated a scheme to divide the 115 different types of name phrases into 13 main categories. The analysis of the material for Helsinki is based on frequency calculations of the different types of name phrases every thirtieth year, as well as on describing variation in the structure and semantic content of the name phrases, e.g. social variation in the use of titles and epithets. In addition to this, by applying a biographic-genealogical method, I have conducted two case studies of the usage of women s name phrases in the two chosen families.

The study is based on parish registers from the period 1780−1929, estate inventory documents from the period 1780−1928, registration forms for liberty of trade from the period 1880−1908, family announcements on newspapers from the period 1829−1888, gravestones from the period 1796−1929 and diaries from the periods 1799−1801 and 1818−1820 providing a corpus of 5 950 name phrases.

The syntactic-semantic analysis has revealed the overall picture of various ways of denoting women in official documents. In Helsinki, towards the end of the 19th century, the use of inherited family names seems to be almost fully developed in official contexts. At the late 19th century, a patronymic still appears as the only surname of some working-class women whereas in the early 20th century patronymics were only entered in the parish register as a kind of middle name. In the beginning of the 19th century, most married women were still registered under their maiden names, with a few exceptions among the bourgeoisie and upper class. The comparative analysis of name phrases in diaries, however, indicates that the use of the husband s family name by married women was a much earlier phenomenon in private contexts than in official documents.

Qvinnspersonen, Pigan Gustava HenricsDotter eller Fröken Fredrika Adolfina Henriette von Kramer dotter till framlidne Majoren Nils Adolf von Kramer? Slagtaren Eklunds Hustru eller Fru Lagmanskan Anna Catharina Antell, född Engman?

Hurdana namnfraser har man använt för kvinnor ur olika socialgrupper i officiella sammanhang innan namnbruket reglerades genom lag? Valde kvinnorna själva flicknamn eller giftasnamn när de undertecknade dokument?

Analysen av Helsingforsmaterialet uppvisar stor variation i omtal av kvinnor under perioden 1780-1930. Även om släktnamnsbruket så gott som helt är etablerat mot slutet av 1800-talet omfattar materialet namnfraser för kvinnor ur lägre socialgrupper i vilka farsnamn anges i stället för fast tillnamn. Namnfraser med både farsnamn och tillnamn registreras fortfarande i början av 1900-talet. I början av 1800-talet bär majoriteten av de gifta kvinnorna, med få undantag i borgerliga kretsar, makens tillnamn i de officiella källorna. Den jämförande analysen av de gifta kvinnornas tillnamn i dagböcker tyder dock på att giftasnamnen i privata sammanhang var ett mycket tidigare fenomen än i officiella dokument.

Undersökningen beskriver variationen i omtal av kvinnor under 150 år. Den belyser utvecklingen i kvinnors titel- och tillnamnsbruk och betraktar både myndigheternas och kvinnornas eget val av namnfraser som uttryck för makt och identitet. Förutom att undersökningen tar upp ett i mindre utsträckning undersökt område inom den nordiska namnforskningen har den även koppling till såväl Finlands och Helsingfors historia som till kvinnans ställning i familjen och i samhället.