PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Creutz, Teetgren and Jägerhorn families

petergmdale
22.02.11, 19:24
Greetings,

My name is Pete Dale and I’m a lawyer in Toronto, Canada. I’m also an avid amateur genealogist. I have been researching my family for approximately 25 years. My maternal grandparents were born in Finland and immigrated to Canada in the 1920s. I’ve recently been researching a branch of my maternal grandfather’s family named Platzman. I have found that my 7G-Grandfather Christofer Henricsson Platzman is a descendant of the Teetgren, Creutz and Jägerhorn families. I’ve begun researching his ancestry and am trying to solve a few mysteries. Does anyone have answers to the following questions:

1. Is there any evidence to establish the parentage ofHåkan Jönsson Teet (Teetgren) who was born in approximately 1410 in Tetom, Pernaja, Uusimaa?

2. Is there any evidence to reconcile the Marcus Smedh – Herman Poitz – Matts/Marcus Creutz mystery surrounding the origins of the Creutz family?

3. Does anyone know, or has anyone else established or at least provided a reasoned guess as to, the parentage of Margareta Jägerhorn i Härtonäs who was born approximately 1415-1420 in Härtonäs, Helsinki and married Lars i Gästerby (Ekelöf)? I have seen a source that proposes that her parents were Anders Skräddare and Barbara (Jägerhorn) daughter of NN Olofintytär (Jägerhorn) and granddaughter of Olof Filpunpoika (Jägerhorn) who is himself purported to be the son of Filipus Jönsson Jägerhorn.

I’d certainly be grateful for any assistance anyone can provide and many thanks in advance for your time.

Kind Regards,

Pete Dale

M.Sjostrom
24.02.11, 14:53
2. Is there any evidence to reconcile the Marcus Smedh – Herman Poitz – Matts/Marcus Creutz mystery surrounding the origins of the Creutz family?

you should read the article Vähäkangas, Tapio, "Uusmaalainen rälssisukusikermä".
Of course, it is in Finnish (the journal in Finland does not even accept articles in English, I got informed last autumn...) and that might require either translation work and costs, or learning of language, from you....

A short response (but there is more nuances and some cautionary points) is that Lauri of Sarvilahti was Lauri Markunpoika, that Markus has no historical attestation except in form of patronymic of his two sons. You should discard the incorrect naming "Lauri Matinpoika".
You should discard any Poitz away from the direct ancestry of the Sarvilahti lords. and if you keep the Poitz for some purposes, be cautioned that "Herman Poitz" is apparently unhistorical, and Niklis Poitz (fl 1463), in Vehkalahti, is the first generation with historical attestation - there is not even any record of what would have been his right patronymic.

And, the surname "Creutz" was adopted only as late as in 1610s, thusly it is anachronistic of any of the forebears who deceased before said time.

Timo W
24.02.11, 17:08
Delar av mitt släktträd framgår av
bilagan, som börjar med min ana
(XVII 226746) Lars Mattson, som
jag egentligen inte funnit så mycket
om, utom att han var gift med Margareta Larsdotter Ekelöf (XVII
226747), dotter till Lasse i Gästerby och hans hustru Margareta i
Härtonäs (Jägerhorn).
Lars Mattson tillhörde en urgammal finsk frälsesläkt och var bosatt i
Sarvlaks, Pernå socken i Kymmenegärds län. Vi är här inne på 1400-
talet. Paret hade 4 barn, varav Knut