PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Niemi (Loginoff) l Vuokkiniemi

Sara
28.04.08, 06:44
I am trying to find the parents and siblings of Simo Heikkisson Niemi (b. Loginoff). He was born in Voukkininiem in 1885-05-13 and his fathers name could have been Heikki? (Feodor?) Loginov/Loginoff, and his mother Anisia? Rettijeff/Rettijev?

Sincerely,

Sara:).

Tuula Cu
30.04.08, 18:21
Have you seen the pages of Vuokkiniemi-seura, http://vuokkiniemi.net/ ? It is in Finnish (summary in English though) but you can find both Loginoff (Seppänen) and Rettijeff among the Viena families = Vienalaisia sukuja when you go further from the left hand list.

It is an active society, and there is a fairly new book on Vuokkiniemi, "Tupenkolahuttajien mailla" - if you did not already know.

Tuula K

Rauno Rosenqvist
30.04.08, 21:20
Dear Sara,

as a member of both this forum and also the Vuokkiniemi-seura, I have forwarded your enquiry to the genealogy coordinator of the Vuokkiniemi-society, Pauli Laukkanen (who himself is not a reader of this forum, to my knowledge). He has done a tremendous work in gathering about all there is to be found about vuokkiniemians in open sources, and secondly, in putting it all together in a sensible way. He also gets a lot of information from living descendants of people connected to Vuokkiniemi.

Do you want the possible answer in English or svenska?

Rauno Rosenqvist
rosenqvist -at- nic.fi

Sara
01.05.08, 16:55
Thank you very much Rauno,

Both English and Swedish are ok.

/Sara:).

Sara
01.05.08, 17:11
Thank you Tuula,

I am familiar with http://vuokkiniemi.net/ and have gone through theire homepage many times the past years, however I did not know of the new book, thank you for the information.

/Sara:)

Rauno Rosenqvist
04.05.08, 20:17
Hi Sara,

sorry, but nope. Pauli didn´t have much to add to your own information.

Some background: in 1850 there were 2 families (8 persons) called Loginov in Vuokkiniemi; in 1890 there were 24 persons.

Simo Niemi/Loginoff (10.5.1885 Vuokkiniemi - 1961), son of Heikki (Huoti) Loginoff and Anisia Rettijev. Heikkis father may have been Riiko (Grigori) Lokinov. Heikki and Riiko were said to be blacksmiths. Anisia, b. 1853, fled to Finland, but went back to Carelia 17.4.1924.

Simo went to primary school, later he did courses in book-keeping, was an apprentice at his fathers brother´s Vasili Loginoff´s shop in Jurva in Ostrobotnia (Sw. Österbotten) and in a Mr. Mitro´s wholesale business in Jyväskylä. From 1910 he was a part owner in Vasili Loginoffs shop. In the WW-1 he was in the Russian army at the eastern front. In 1918-23 he lived in Saarijärvi and moved to Suolahti in 1923.

Simo seems to be mentioned only in two written sources: in Sakari Vuoristo´s book “Suvulta Suvulle II”, p. 228 (1996); and in the magazine "Karjalan Heimo" (”Carelian Tribe”) nr 3-4 (1990), p. 38.

Interesting is also, that his fathers brother Vasili must have been the same Vasselei/Wasili Lokinov (born appr. 1850 in Vuokkiniemi; wife´s surname Lipkin/Lipponen), who sold his shop in Jurva to Jussi Seppänen(!) and Simo Niemi, who then kept it until 1916. The business was started by a Mitro before Wasili Lokinov bought it (this information also in the book by Sakari Vuoristo).

Probably Simo was from the southern village part of Vuokkiniemi called "Sepäntermä" (seppä means blacksmith, so it would be "Smedsbrinken" in Swedish), see also the name "Jussi Seppänen" above and about Heikki and Riiko further above.

Now, there are several possibilities to find out more about Simo and his ancestors:

- the parish books of Vuokkiniemi can be found as films at at the Finnish National Archive to appr. the beginning of the 1800 century, http://www.narc.fi/index.html. You´ll have to know old church-orthodox-Russian though to understand anything of it.
- ask the National Archive of the Republic of Karelia (http://www.gov.karelia.ru/Power/Archives/natsarch_e.html) to make a genealogical report - the members of Vuokkiniemi-seura who has tried this all tell that the service is reliable. You can presumably correspond in English.
- if you are a relative of Simo and want to know more, I could ask around by the members of the Vuokkiniemi-seura. Someone may be able to add something. This also comes with the risk that you all of a sudden get new relatives.
- the late Sakari Vuoristo (author of the book mentioned above) may have his notes archived for instance at the society Karjalan Sivistysseura (http://www.karjalansivistysseura.fi/).

Yours, Rauno

Sara
05.05.08, 05:14
Thank you very much Rauno for all the information!

I have read about Vasili Loginoff and Lipkin in different sources and will go through them again.

/Sara:).

jyrkimäkelä
02.11.09, 11:34
Hi Sara

Simo Niemi (Loginov) was my grandmother's brother. What is your interest in him?

Jyrki Mäkelä

SaraZ
22.08.10, 22:56
Hi Sara

Simo Niemi (Loginov) was my grandmother's brother. What is your interest in him?

Jyrki Mäkelä

Hi Jyrki,

I just saw your question. As my old email account no longer is in use I have set up a new account here on Suku Forum.

Simo Niemi was my grandmothers father. I am trying to find more information on his ancestors and sibblings.

Sincerely,

Sara.