PDA

Arkistonäkymässä ei tällä hetkellä lainaus erotu varsinaisesta viestistä. Suosittelemme että vilkaisette ns. täydellistä versiota: : Looking for information from Katajavirta family in USA.

TimoV
03.09.11, 22:20
I have found out in my research that Johan Johansson Enström (b. 4.4. 1859) and his family have changed their names to Katajavirta. Atleast Ernst Kustaa and Eino Eerik have moved to USA. All information is welcome.
Kr,
Timo

Marjapuu
04.09.11, 17:46
First of all,

July 20,1910 a man called Ernst Katajavirta arrives in New York. He is 23 years old, born about 1887. He is going to his aunt Maria Glans, living in 102 Michigan Street, Ashtabula, Ohio. Ernst's nearest relative in Finland is his father Johan Katajavirta living in Lapua kk. Ernst was born in Oulu.

Later,

September 22,1912 a man called Eino Katajavirta arrives in New York. He is 20 years old, born about 1892. He is going to his brother Ernst Enström, living in 8 Hiawatha Street, Ashtabula, Ohio. Eino's nearest relative in Finland is his father Johan Katajavirta living in Munkkisaaren ranta, Helsinki. Eino was born in Rauma.

Further,

in US 1920 Census, in Ashtabula, Ohio is a woman called Marie Glantz. She herself, like her both parents, were born in Finland. Marie's husband is Robert Glantz and their children are Sarah, Olga, Robert and Laura.

Marjapuu
04.09.11, 18:27
This is probably Ernst's marriage:

May 13, 1912 a man called Ernest G. Enstrom marries miss Varma Aaltonen in Ashtabula, Ohio. Ernest's parents are John Enstrom and Elizabeth A. Elo.
The bride's parents are Carl Aaltonen and Mary Suonpää.

In 1917 WWI Registration Cards there is a Ernest Kustaa Enstrom, who lives in Erie, Pennsylvania.

In 1920 US Census there is a man called Ernest Enstrom living in Alexandria, Virginia. He is a widow and was born about 1888 in Finland.

In 1930 US Census a man called Ernest G. Enstrom lives in Erie, Pennsylvania.

TimoV
04.09.11, 21:24
Hi,
thank's for the information. This Marie Glants (b. Maria Charlotta Enström) is the aunt of Eino and Ernst. The mother's name of this Ernst getting married is wrong, but mistake is possible or there is similar names. Let's see if someone can tell more.
Timo

Marjapuu
05.09.11, 05:26
It is possible that there were two Ernst Enströms. By the way, there is a photo on www.ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) of Ernest Kustaa Enström born in 1886. He is the one who lived in Erie, Pennsylvania. It's a registered user of Ancestry who has published this photo. Maybe a relative of Ernst?

It seems like Eino Eerik Katajavirta became Erik or Eric Enstrom in USA. There are two death notes in SSDI you can choose from:

Erik Enstrom, born August 8, 1892. Died February 1981 in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Eric Enstrom, born April 16, 1891. Died August 1969 in Cuyahoga, Cleveland, Ohio.

TimoV
05.09.11, 11:52
Erik Enstrom, born August 8, 1892. Died February 1981 in Erie, Pennsylvania is matching to my records. So, there is one name change again.
I'll check that Ernst Kustaa also.
Thank's again,
Timo

Marjapuu
05.09.11, 16:22
Therefore, your Erik Enstrom must be the same as in US 1930 Census:

Eric E. Enstrom, born about 1891, lives with his family in Erie, Pennsylvania. Immigration year 1912. Wife Sigrid M. Enstrom, born about 1892 and daughter Elizabeth L. Enstrom, born about 1915.

I think there is no doubt that Ernest Kustaa Enstrom in Erie, Pennsylvania is the person you are looking for, so the photo on Ancestry is a photo of him. It is worth to find out who published the photo on Ancestry.